Our friends at Romo Cookie Co., makers of award-winning small batch frozen cookie dough, were kind enough to share one of their favorite recipes. Check out more of their deliciousness at RomoCookieCo
Makes about 16 large, bakery style cookies
1 cup softened salted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar (155g)
½ cup packed light brown sugar (90g)
1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk (if doubling, use 2 whole eggs and 1 yolk)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups (375g) flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Using a hand mixer with a large bowl or standing mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon and mix until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar for coating.
- Using a standard sized ice cream scoop or ¼ cup measurer, scoop dough to form balls and roll dough in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will look barely done in the middle.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Note: If you’d like to save some of the dough for later, the cookies can be frozen once formed into balls. Dough can be rolled in cinnamon sugar mixture before or after freezing. Bake from frozen at 350° for 14-15 minutes.